Profile picture for Simon Stone

Two different Prices for the same address??

Hey there,

I am researching in Annapolis,MD area to buy the possible property, but I found there are two different links for the same address with different prices - 70k difference!! 

Please check it out here:

Original ad post:

http://www.redfin.com/MD/Annapolis/89-Heritage-Ct-21401/home/45383962

Their link to the home value is here, value $240k: 

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/89-Heritage-Ct-Annapolis-MD-21401/2128784458_zpid/

But when I checked it out the values of those properties around it, it's around $160k-180k. Then when I found the link here which shows the value is: $174k, which is more like a true market value according to the properties around it.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/89-Heritage-Ct-47-Annapolis-MD-21401/36141818_zpid/

I am a buyer, so it concerns me that I get correct info from Zillow.com since it has good reputation in real estate industry. 

Thanks for your investigation & update!

Simon
  • April 05 2013 - Annapolis
  • 0

Profile picture for Simon Stone
But it apparently didn't match the fact. What would you guys deal with the difference and misleading info there? 

Would you guys combine the truth part together that customers like me have correct info? That's what I need.

Simon

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Simon -

We appreciate your concern.

This home appears to be the original record of the property from our database. While this one appears to be created via feed. Notice that it does not contain the unit number of the property which is Unit 47. When our system is unable to match the ad from the one we have in the database, we rule out that it is a does not exist so we create a new record for that address.

Ice