Profile picture for HeatherAbel

UPSIDE DOWN....now what? (I've gone through the application for Hardest Hit and Harp 2.0.)

Where can I go to get honest explanations of all the options available to me?  I'm stuck between a rock and an upside down house.  Who can help?  Where do I turn?  The bank is useless, the Harp 2.0 denied me and I can't imagine not paying my mortgage...what are my options?

• November 09 2012 - Henderson
  • 0

They ALREADY did that and said the bank was "useless". If the bank will not help you and you do not qualify for HARP 2 or hardest hit, it is time to get legal advice about your options. Find out if your state has deficiency judgements and ask the attorney what will happen if you walk away. 

Sadly, sometimes the only way that the bank will listen is if you stop paying or threaten to walk. As long as they get their money, they have little reason to care if you are responsible, upside down or sideways.

Contact your current loan servicer and see if they have a program that you might qualify for

I would contact a local lender in your state that works with many different lenders to find out if you qualify.

What was the reason for your denial in HARP 2.0?

Your best option is to go through the lender who services your loan currently. If they can't do it I can take a look at the situation and see if I can offer any guidance. It's a tough situation and I can imagine how frustrating it is for you.