USAF Veteran with score of 603 in NY State

I am a Honorably Discharged Veteran of the USAF with a credit score of 603.  I am look for a loan for around $80,000.  Is their any VA lenders who would take me?

August 27 2013 - US

If you can get your score up closer to 620, I think you will have a lot more options available to refinance.  I use something called "Score Wizard" through the company we use for our Credit Reports.  This enables me to see where  improvements can be made to increase the credit score quickly.

There are definitely lenders, like myself, that are more than willing to help you out with the scores that you have. A VA loan is a great loan because of the benefits that it offers such as great rates, no required down payments, and low closing costs. Although the average minimum may be around 620 for a VA, lenders like myself have done VA loans with credit scores as low as 560. It's just the matter of shopping around and finding the lenders that can work for you.

I hope this helps! If you have any further question or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this comment helpful, please leave me a review!

Yep. There are sources out there that can help! A broker is probably going to be more helpful than a big bank due to greater program access.

VA home loan with bad credit
Profile picture for lapo loanhouse ng
Latest reply by lapo loanhouse ng
WHat are the Minimum Credit Scores Required for FHA Loans
Profile picture for Dan Haney
Latest reply by Dan Haney
FHA MIP ripoff
Profile picture for Peter Rodgers
Latest reply by Peter Rodgers
June 03 | 23 answers
Can I have two VA loan at once?
Profile picture for Nathan Fritz
Latest reply by Nathan Fritz
May 23 | 11 answers