USDA Foreclosure not playing by the rules

My wife and I both took a big fall in 2009 with the housing crunch. I lost my job and she lost 25% of her income and benefits. We were forced into chp 7 bankruptcy discharging the USDA loan and the second mtg. We tried everything to keep the home but since it was so far under water and our income dropping to less than 30k a year the court ordered us to discharge due to lack of income. Our attorney told us to find a place to live and move. He told us to hand deliver a letter of voluntary surrender of the property to the USDA making them sign for the keys and pictures we took showing the condition of the home as we left it. This happened Aug 2011 a little over year after our bankruptcy discharge. 

Jan 2012 we received notice of court hearing to award the deed back to the USDA. Oct. 2012 we received notice of intended sale (auction) to be held Jan. 2013.
This whole time we were still showing as owners in the county records and the township started legal proceedings for services (sewer, trash) that no one was using as the house was vacant.
I called the USDA Apr 2013 asking them why we were still the recorded owners after the court awarded ownership to them last year. I was told that was the case until they USDA sold the home. They told me that the home was sold at auction on Mar 2013 and the person who bought it was responsible for recording the sale. We do not know who this mystery person is and the home to this date is still in our names.
We called our bk attorney who told us to forget it as it was not supposed to be this way.
Our concern is that it is this way and we cant afford to pay to get it fixed.
Can anyone offer any suggestions.

PS I have not gotten anywhere with USDA

May 27 2013 - Elizabethtown

I'm in a similar situation, except i'm the tenant.  The house was foreclosed on a year ago, but the house is still in the prior owners name.  What happened in your situation?  -Mk

February 01

Profile picture for hgrp
Latest reply by hgrp
February 01 | 1 answers
  • Posted by user21009952
  • In Mortgage

1. 138 Sun Valley Rd, Elizabethtown, PA Home For Sale
    138 Sun Valley Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022

2. 223 E High St, Elizabethtown, PA Home For Sale
    223 E High St, Elizabethtown, PA 17022

3. 264 Persimmon Ln, Elizabethtown, PA Home For Sale
    264 Persimmon Ln, Elizabethtown, PA 17022