Profile picture for garrybro1

Uk resident seeking buy to let investment/holiday home

Hi I am currently living in the uk and have around $400,000 to invest in a property in USA. I am looking at Florida as their is a good seasonal influx of holiday makers from the uk and elsewhere. I have a friend that has a property in west Palm beach and I would like to have something around there or Miami area. My questions are are these areas good for rental yield and/or are there other better areas to invest my money. Thanks in advance.

February 19 - West Palm Beach

[Content removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

April 15
We have plenty of very nice properties for investment in the West Palm Beach area.  You can rent these properties easily during the season or annually if you like.  However, you must take into consideration the Homeowners association fees and taxes on the property.  In most cases with seasonal rentals you will be able to cover most of those costs but not all.  If you buy for investment in any area you should research the growth potential of the type of real estate you buy, which is what ultimately will make your investment profitable.
 For more details about potential investments in the West Palm Beach area please contact me through my profile.
Zoila

February 20
Have you considered Arizona?  Contact me through my profile andI can get you more information about our great state and the investment opportunities here

February 19

Orlando is a huge draw for second home buyers from the UK;   Miami draws from South America, more so than Orlando does, but both are draws for the international home buyers.  Not sure so much of west Palm.

Orlando has a built in abundance of short term vacation renters that take advantage of the Disney, Universal and Sea World attractions. Miiami has more night life and excitement but the prices are a bit higher. 

Regardles of what lifestyle you have in mind, Florida is the place to be for the good life.,

Eve

February 19
Thank you for the inquiry Garry. I work with a number of foreign nationals also seeking investment property here in the West Palm Beach area. 

There are definitely opportunities but not as many as the past few years.  If the property is only for Let, there are specific areas I recommend, if you plan to use the property in the future, I would have different recommendations.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to discuss in more detail.

Thank you
Craig Fialkowski
Realty Elite The Palm Beaches 

February 19