Unable to HARP 2.0 Refi

My lender (USAA) is not participating in HARP 2.0.  I went through an external lender and was basically approved except for my address being inputted incorrectly in Fannie Mae.  Once it was fixed Fannie Mae revealed to the external lender that my loan was never entered as a DU Refi Plus.  The lender also stated that this means I will be unable to do anything except try and do a refi with my current lender. 

Any thoughts/comments/solutions or am I pretty much up the creek?

• April 14 2012 - Herndon
  • 0

The "credit enhancement" thing too.

Go Gators
Go Huskers
Roll Tide
That about covers it
Whoops, Go Braves
Go EC Indians ( Kid's Team )

that whole "prior to 6/1/09" thing escapes him"

Profile picture for Go Huskers
" as long as your loan is owned by fannie mae you can participate in harp2.0"

I'm pretty sure there is more to it than that!

as long as your loan is owned by fannie mae you can participate in harp2.0,please feel free to contact me to review your options

Look up the property on Fannie's web site and contact a local mortgage broker in your area.  If you qualify for HARP you can refinance as long as you get approved even with mortgage insurance.

I only Lend in Florida!

If your mortgage is, in fact, owned by Fannie and you do not have MI nor lender paid MI, you should be able to take advantage of open access. Here is the link to Fannie's look up tool:
http://www.fanniemae.com/loanlookup/

That should get you started. Best wishes, Jim

[promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]