Underwriting process with gap of employment

My wife and I have been pre approved for an FHA mortgage.  I have a question about the underwriting process.  I have 10 years of stable employment but my wife has been laid off previously.  She had been working at the same company for 15 years.  In January of 2011, she had been laid off. 9 months later, September 2011, she got her job back. I don't know if this bit of information is necessary but she was pregnant during the duration of her unemployment and we had our baby girl in August 2011. She has been employed with the same company since September 2011.  Would that be a problem in the underwriting process?
  • September 30 2012 - US
  • 0

No problem at all and your loan officer should have gave you the same assurances.  A simple letter of explaination about the time line will suffice.

Agree  with Joe that the gap should not be a problem with an explanation letter to explain.