Profile picture for JoshuaSisson

Up and coming neighborhoods in Lafayette?

Hi, I'm looking to buy my first house in Lafayette in the near future and am looking for advice on neighborhoods to narrow down my search. Although I'll be living in this house I'd like to rent it out the extra rooms to help defray the cost (or even buy a duplex). I'm willing to buy a fixer upper to get a good deal but I don't want to have foundation problems. Very importantly, I want to buy in an up and coming neighborhood so that my property will appreciate in value quickly. I don't mind if its a little rough around the edges but it should be getting better (in other words, where are have all the starving artists been living)?
Many people tell me I should be looking in the Saints streets area near UL. Is this good advice and are their any other neighborhoods that would fit the above criteria?

Thanks for your time,
-Joshua
  • October 21 2012 - Lafayette
  • 0