Using child support as part of income to qualify for a mortgage?

My income is pretty small, and I would like to use my child support to qualify for a mortgage.  I have the amount of child support agreed to in my divorce settlement, and he pay every month on time.  However, we do this unconventionally.  He owns the house that I live in, and so he takes the amount of the "rent" out and sends the balance in a check, so there isn't much of a paper trail except for that small amount.  I'm really hoping I can somehow still count the child support as part of my income.  Is there still a way to do this?
  • January 29 2013 - US
  • 0

When you buy your own home you will not longer be indebted to him. You will receive the full amount to spend as you choose. With the child support paperwork and a good letter of explaination you may be able to make it work. It's more important the money you will receive going forward than what you have recevied in the past. Hope this helps.
****With this said, have him pay you the full amount from this day forward. Then pay him rent. Some lenders will be mucgh more strict than others.