Utah's a Non-Disclosure state so most homes show N/A or $0 for sales price

I am a Realtor® in WA State and Utah and have noticed that because Utah is a Non-disclosure (what you sold your home for etc... is not public record) State that probably 90% of the homes listed here say N/A or $0 for sales price because your system cannot access it from the States records. I also noticed that even on my own home I cannot add in the price I paid for the home. So the problem here is that you cannot have accurate prices without the most important piece, what someone has paid for all the homes being used as comparables. My suggestion would be to add the ability to input what you paid for your home, and the ability for Real Estate professionals to update people’s home information for them WITH Permission (Preferably written). You have the "I certify I am the owner of this home" why not "I certify that I am a Real Estate Professional and have permission to edit this information from the homeowner" type of entry. You would have to be an agent in your profile to do this, and agents would get permission to update the info, because if they didn’t and the owners saw it the agent could get into trouble. What this allows is a more accurate system, and as an Realtor it's not in my best interest to fight your system and to constantly have to tell everyone I meet how inaccurate it is, I would rather be able to help your systems accuracy, and then be able to tell people in my area that I have helped to make their Zestimate more accurate. Why fight a system that millions of people a month rely on, instead use it as a tool to help educate your clients, and show them what makes a Zestimate accurate or not on their home and what to change about it so it is more accurate.

• January 24 2008 - US
  • 0

Hi Jason -

I'll let the Product Development Team know about this terrific idea for consideration as we further develop our services.

Thank you for this great suggestion.