VERY IMPORTANT MY HOUSE YOU HAVE LISTED IS NOT FOR SALE

I am very very very upset that my house is listed on this site.  We bought it in October and it was just put up on here yesterday (we are not selling it).  We have had people constantly showing up to our house and looking in our windows and we have to keep telling them that there has been a mistake.  I am concerned for the safety of my family.  If this is not dealt with in a timely manner then we will be looking into legal action.  The address of our home is: 

[address removed by Zillow moderator for privacy]

you are more than welcome to check with the city to verify in their records that [names removed by Zillow moderator for privacy] own this home.  Please fix this immediately and let me know.

March 18 2012 - Rochester

mike_d_millar, if your house is listed for sale you can flag it with the yellow "edit" pencil on your home page to "report problem with listing", but Zillow does not list houses for sale on their own.

If you look at the bottom of your home page, you should see a link that says "listing provided by". Click on that to see who is sending the listing to Zillow. I would contact them directly and ask for removal. Zillow can remove the listing, but if the person sending the feed to Zillow does not remove it, it will pop up for sale again when the new feed comes in.

Profile picture for mike_d_millar
Zillow has also posted my house as for sale. I have emailed them via the link on the MY PROPERTY that they says is for sale which in not correct. I have received nothing from them in reply and my house is still for sale.

Profile picture for Neil R
Hi user581604 -

Our apologies for not getting back to you in a timely manner. I have removed the listing. It is still best to have the listing source/website remove the listing to avoid re-posting.

Thank you for posting.

Neil

We are going back to Parrot today, but the listing on the link you posted for us to look at is old.  It's clear that Parrot made a BIG MISTAKE, but can't it be removed for us by someone other than Parrot?  We've flagged the listing multiple times, and it's still posted.  People are STILL showing up at our house.

Nothing to be embarrassed about.  The public's responses got you there faster than Zillow (as it isn't a business day).   I am glad you got the clues so you could move forward.  (I'd be quite annoyed with the agent also.)

I hope the Parrot team is cooperative.  Make sure you emphasize their feed source as the root problem.

I'm also quite embarrassed because I didn't realize this was going on a message board but thought that I was messaging Zillow directly.  So my other question is: how do you remove a post?

Thank you both so much - yes we are trying to get ahold of the Parrot Team and talking with our realtor.

Profile picture for hpvanc
The agent has syndicated the listing to Zillow from here.  To get it permanently removed you will have to contact the agent to remove it.  FYI it will probably be syndicated to other real estate advertising websites as well.

I would be annoyed also.   I would focus my attention on Patrick Parrott, the agent who is sending a feed to Zillow.  Here's the source of the listing and his phone number is available on the link. 

Contact the agent and ask him to cancel the feed permanently.  It is critical to deal with the feed source, because he has it listed for sale on a number of sites on the internet in addition to Zillow.  Here's one, and another  (and there are others).

If you wish to pursue legal action, then Patrick Parrott would be the appropriate target.