Profile picture for ukramerican

Vacation market in Colorado Springs (see details)

I live on the East Coast and would like to buy a condo in Colorado Springs.  Will likely be there several times during summer when it is humid in the East.  How is vacation market there?  Will I be able to rent out weekly to vacationers?
  • September 01 2012 - Colorado Springs
  • 0

The vacation market is not the same as Vail or similar towns in the mountains.  I live in Black Forest and there is some of those vacation homes here.  I would suggest Ute Pass or Black Forest area for vacation type areas although summer would be the peak time for that type of rental versus winter since we do not offer winter ski season.  IMHO.  Best of luck.

This is a tricky one. The Springs does have tourism, but mainly in the summer time. The stays cater to more of a camping/camper, or few nights stay in a hotel/motel. 
It is not like some of the mountain towns, but does have places that may be better then others. 
I am a colorado Native and am familiar with most of colorado areas, but the springs is one that it is a hit or miss for me. 
If you would like I am happy to refer you to a great agent who lives in the springs who can help you with this much more then I can.

The one thing about the Colorado Market is that things are moving very quickly. So make sure you are ready to jump when you find a property you like.