**WARNING: SCAM!!!**

While searching for a home rental, I came across a listed for a lovely home in Escondido, CA. I contacted the seller via Zillow and received a response. When I tried to meet with the seller to see the property, it became apparent that the person I was communicating with was not who they said they were ("Paul Singbusch"). The seller said they were out of town, but would FedEx me the keys if I wired him the money. I was asked to wire the money to someone named Lwazi Madondo. I was also told that because he was "deaf" I wouldn't be able to speak with him over the phone either. 

I cannot find any way to report a listing as a scam, so I came here hoping an admin will see this and take the listing down. I also found the same home listed on another site with an actual listing agent, and contacted them as well. 

The listing in question is http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/729-Linwood-St-Escondido-CA-92027/16695548_zpid/
  • July 22 2012 - US

Profile picture for Faye
  • FayeZillow
Hi user399576 -

Thank you for reporting this. We've deleted the fraudulent listing from Zillow.

Faye

I just received the same info on a listing I was interested in Duluth,MN. I was under the impression the name was "Donna Sunnafrank" who also told me she was deaf & said they wanted a god fearing family to take care of their home also they would fedx the keys overnight. It became serious to me when they asked me to wire the money (700$) to dallas under the name lwazi Madondo today then they would overnight the keys. Whats going on and who is this person? This listing is on hotpads.com with the number 806-391-3534. I loved this property and everything about seemed a little too good to be true.

As we hear all the time in the lessons of life, if it seems to good to be true, it usually isn't true.

Have you had a chance to read the Zillow FAQ on scams and internet fraud?  (link).     Out of the country, wiring money, sending keys etc are all red flag.   Deaf is a new twist, but scammers appear to have found a lucrative niche on the internet and are pretty clever.

Same here. Awesome house in Austin, TX that was listed for a ridiculously low rent. Same bit about a "God Fearing Family..." He was going to overnight the keys if I wired him the money. That's when the alarms went off. I was skeptical all along but will never wire people money. My last emaill asked to speak with him over the phone to answer a few questions. I'm anticipating the "deaf" reply any minute. This is not the first time this has happened and is really frustrating when looking for a place to rent from out of town. In case anyone else comes across it, the address was:

4701 Gold Flower Hollow
Austin, TX 78731

Thank you so much . your posting let me know who this person is.he has  just sent me the application and tell me to wire the money to him ,but the prroblem is that he told me that there is no body on the house to show it to me .i saw some body inside the house wich made think about it .and of course i can not wire the money for somebody that I didn't know
Thanks again!

I have a feeling the same thing is happening to me here in VT.  There was a listing on Hot Pads, an app for my HTC phone.  They want me to wire 1200 to London and then they will send the keys.  They got very upset when they thought I was backing out (after I finally got them to call me) .  I asked why couldnt the people who seem to be living there now show me the place and have the $ passed through my lawyer...BEWARE!!!

Aaprtment in Jersey City, NJ as well!

Thank you for this warning.  I was already weary of the business deal and unsure I wouild entertain it, but the alleged property was ideal for what I needed. I hope this man is prosecuted.  He is a swindler and just despicable.
I even went as far as to let him know I did Western Union funds, just to waste his time in trying to obtain it.  He still continued to text after I cursed him out. Just horrible.

This was the first find on google and reading it reaffirmed my suspicions.  Again, this was a good deed, and you have probably helped many people keep their hard earned money, rather than trustingly give it to this pig.

These scammer are now very advanced and are using real people's name with a real property address, when the offer sounds too good to true, please know that its not true. I fell to their schemes and lost $800 but i am sure they wont get away with this for very long. If Bernie Madoff can be nailed I am certain, this impostor will be nailed soon.

Profile picture for randalsus
also 12 dupont ave!

Profile picture for anonymous 143143
The same guy is trying to scam me on Trulia right now. Says he's in Dallas and going by name Matt Johnson, wanted me to wire money to his assistant Lwazi Madondo. No way buddy I'm smarter then that, but I'll play along while I'm reporting him to FBI.

I am glad you are not falling for it. If you have a property address or this guy's email to share, please take the time to post it here. Many people have avoided scams by googling chunks or emails or the scammer address and reading what others have to say on Zillow.

I ran into a similar listing on another website where the person claiming to be the owner requested that I wire him money through western union to his assistant, then I will receive the keys to the property through the mail. 

Assistant:
Lwazi Madondo
Address: 7125 Park Lane, Dallas TX 75220

The person claiming to be the property owner can be reached at this address and phone number:

peter.sarabella@yahoo.com
1-334-635-5063

I am posting this information in order to allow the proper authorities to pursue this individual and to put a stop to this scam.

I have also reported the listing to the proper authorities managing the other website I found the listing on.

I was asked to send $900 I made a big mistake a sent $450 then they wanted more "because of an accident" and his wife was in a coma..."light came on" ...going to report this also....in Corona CA

it happened to me in hialeah,fl , i fell for it and lost $1,400 dollars . i tried to report him the police, and they said it was a civil case and could not do anything about it. i am 18 years old and my credit is messed up because of these horrible people all i wanted was my family to have a good home. this man or group thats doing this should go to jail for scamming innocent people.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
It is not just a "civil case", it is a FELONY!   You need to contact the FBI as they are the party that investigates and prosecutes internet fraud.

You also may want to contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission).  But it is essential to get the info to the FBI.

If the Zillow website was used in trying to carry out the fraud, also flag the property and report it to Zillow staff, so that Zillow can assist the FBI and forward relevant information to them (IP addresses, etc), and so that they can block that I.P. address from posting properties for sale or rent.

How would I get in contact with the FBI ? This happen in dec does that affect anything ? I still have all the emails text messages .

Profile picture for blue screen exile
The FBI has local offices in all major metropolitan areas.  Although you can find it in the White pages, it probably is fastest to find it on the internet:

http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field

No, there is no "time limit" for when it is "too late"... those committing fraud are likely still doing so, and any evidence you provide will make it that much easier for the FBI to shut down the individuals doing the scams.

Especially important in your "saved Emails" is the "header information" (viewed with a "view source"), as that indicates the routing of the Email, which makes it possible to track back to the first mail server sent to, which makes it possible to track back to a specific internet customer.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
You also might want to use this web-page for reporting "internet fraud"
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

as it is so rampant, that a separate governmental division was created to help streamline the processing.

Thank you very much i will report it asap

FRAUD!!  6665 Fairchild in Riverside CA is NOT for rent.  It is a bank owned property for sale.  Do not wire any money to rent this home.  The phone number involved is 334-635-5063 and they claim to be in Dallas, Texas.  Renters....NEVER wire money to someone you don't know especially when they have not proven to be the owners of the home.