Profile picture for BWMAYNARD

WHY IS MY HOME LARGER THAN BOTH MY NEIGHBORS BUT WORTH LESS!

My home is 2263 sq.ft. and both the houses on each side of my home are 200-400 sq.ft. smaller but worth as much as mine and more???? This makes no sence.Please help me understand,my home even has bulider upgrades and Zillow shows my house going down $13,000 in one month.

• April 17 2008 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for landoawd

Have you claimed your home?

Profile picture for gregervin

Don't feel alone.  Our tax appraisal just went up $16,900, Money.CNN.com reports the average price of a home in Houston went up 1.4% last month alone and the Houston Chronicle reported that homes in our neighborhood were averaging $75.63 per square foot.

According to Zillow our home went down $12,000 in the last 30 days which is utter crap, because the three homes on our street that have sold in the last year all sold withing 4-7 days for full asking price or more.  We have the largest lot on the street, a 4050 sq

Profile picture for harsefly

landoawd, I was going to ask the same question.  I'm seeing a definite pattern, no doubt about it.  I think this is something Zillow really needs to look into.  I wonder if their is a "glitch" in their system.  You would think after enough complaints about claiming your home and the value dropping, Zillow would check this out. 

Zillow Staffers don't forget the cover sheet for the TPS reports....mmmmmkay....greaaaaat.

Profile picture for gregervin

The whole thing is way off. Zillow either needs to get it together or face a class-action for misrepresentation of material fact.  Sales prices in my area are up, tax appraisals are up, sales are brisk if not hot and my house goes down in value 12 grand.  What B.S.!!!

Profile picture for harsefly

gregervin,

Did you claim your home?  Just curious.

Profile picture for gregervin

I claimed my home last year, it is completely updated and the information is correct....the zestimate though....not even close.

Profile picture for gregervin

Breaking news.... in between this morning and this afternoon the house went back up $3000.  Unreal...but more than likely...unreliable.

Profile picture for bfaithfull

I updated my estimate on my home and within 2 hours someone there Droped your zestamet 2,000

I know i am discriminated against for living in my home for 16 years as the original owner. The more turnover the greater the zestamets! NOT FAIR