Profile picture for LlamaLover2

Waiting and waiting on a Deed in Lieu...I am in a hardship situation. I tried selling my house for

Hmmm...looks like my whole post did not get posted.  As I was saying, I have been trying to sell my house for years as a short sale without success (bank would not accept the offers).  I've also been in foreclosure for years (I have not lived in the house for over 2-1/2 years).  I finally decided to try a Deed in Lieu and got an acceptance letter in May of this year, but am still waiting for the final paperwork.  Shouldn't I have had this back by now?  How long does it usually take?  I am so weary of this. 

August 28 2013 - Amity

Profile picture for LlamaLover2
Thanks Reuben, unfortunately not BA, but good old Wells Fargo.

Which bank owns the paper? I have connections within Bank of America, if they hold your mortgage.

Profile picture for LlamaLover2
Thanks Anna.  I did contact them when we were in the short sale process, but to be perfectly honest they were not of much help. 

I am really concerned about my house.  It has been vacant for over 2-1/2 years now and you know how bad that is for a house.  They are a hard bunch to figure out. 

When we were in the SS process, they had accepted 2 different offers for the same amount...with financing and other contingencies, that eventually fell apart.  Then we got an all cash offer with no contingencies (for the same exact amount) they didn't take it?  Totally makes no sense.

You might also consider googling deed in lieu escalation policy for your bank or emailing the president of the bank. You would be surprised at how quickly that gets a response. I do that regularly for the clients I represent that are short selling their homes and it gets a lot of attention

Profile picture for LlamaLover2
Thanks Rob, I've been doing that.  I also have an attorney trying to speed things along, but it is going nowhere.  It has been a nightmare.

Unfortunately, your bank does not seem to be in a hurry to accept the responsibility of this house.  

I don't believe they're under any obligatory timeline to act but were I in your shoes, I'd be calling weekly.   :(