Wall upholstery

A while back I was asked to do a wall upholstery job in a catering hall in Manhattan.

The place was being completely renovated.

The first thing I did was to meet with the contractor and the electrician to go over the details of the whole process.

In the planing was the installation of sconces and heavy pictures plus special panels to absorb sounds.

I asked the electrician how was he going to install his work over the upholstered walls?

He did not have a good answer so, I had suggested to him to install a half inch plywood to help him screw to a solid surface.

It was a good way to make his life easy but, I also benefited from that because I had eliminated the damaging of my work.

It is a good think to always talk and plan before starting a job that involves mor than one craftsman.

• March 02 2010 - Hewlett
  • 0

Yes, you eased his life and solved his dilemma, but maybe, you can also consult with a different specialist to give you another perspective since is such an important job. 

I do the same thing every day for a living , but unlike you I have 16 subcontractors to schedule, coordinate and make sure everything works out according to plan.

Communication between everyone is important, communication between you and the utmost needs of your client is the most important.