Want to buy my home my ex defaulted on. I am primary resident and the plaintiff wants me to buy.

I am 50% owner on title and deed.  Also self employed.  My significant other and I broke up.  He has defaulted on his loan and I hold the second loan from my private money that is is second position. I have worked with the attorneys and the plaintifs really want me to buy it from them for a drastically low price.  Who can help with getting a prequal for self employed home buyer in business near three years?

December 12 2012 - Talent

You need to contact at least two mortgage brokers and explain your situation.  You may be able to do it, it all depends on your financial profile.

Send me an email and I will give you contact information for two lenders - one at Umpqua Bank and one at NW Mortgage who have experience with self-employed.  If you also need a CMA to set the current value on your home I can do that, unless you feel you need to spend the money on an appraisal.