Want to sell my Home - dont have $ to Pay Commissions

I am needing to sell my home.  Selling by owner is a bit overwhelming.  I need every penny I can get out of the sale to move on to my next dwelling.  Have been going through financial hardship for quite some time.  I attempted many ways to work with mortgage/banking company without results.  At my wits end.  Do not want to be homeless.  Can use advise on what I can/should do.

April 03 - Silverado

Since money is tight, I would suggest that you find the best listing agent and list your home as soon as possible. Realtors job is to obtain the highest possible price and that is what you need. Realtors can reach every buyer and every agent with a buyer. I wish you the best of luck!

May 11
You need to find out what our house would sell for and if you have enough money to pay a partial commission to a buyers agent consider trying a flat fee MLS company. You can also look for a local agent who is willing to accept a smaller commission if you do the photos, showing, staging and advertising write ups. 

FSBOs that are successful are priced right the first time, treat it like a business instead of personal sale and they do whatever they can to make the deal work.

May 11
Good realtors can get you more money than you can yourself.  Pay no attention to  what the naysayers might say.   If they knew what they were doing the would be realtors

May 11
Call a local Realtor (or two) and see what you can work out with them.

May 11
Please contact me so we can talk, I am a local expert in this area.  [Removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

April 09
Very sorry to hear about your financial hardships. I've been there. What you are looking for is commonplace in the market, trying to net the most money for their property in the least amount of time. Are you looking to save the commission so you can avoid a short sale? Try to be honest with your situation and try to tackle the hard questions head on. It may be painful in the short run, but you'll thank yourself 2-3 years down the road. If part of your financial hardship can be alleviated by getting out from a large mortgage and into a smaller one, then doing a short sale might be the way to go if that is in fact your situation. Some lenders will even allow you to qualify for another mortgage IMMEDIATELY after a short sale if you stay current on your payments (Wells Fargo was rolling this program out last year). Speak to your lender and see what your options are if that is your situation. Banks also offer relocation assistance anywhere from $2,500 to $30,000. Rent a nice place for cheap and save for the next couple of years and buy a sweet place when you are back on your feet. You're not alone. Best of luck!

April 04
I don't know the level of service the flat fee brokerages offer. However, I do know that interviewing your local agents in terms of their marketing savvy could maximize your sale price. Hiring a great agent can more than make up for the difference you paid them in commissions than just listing with a flat fee brokerage. It may even leave you with more money in your pocket the end of the day. 

April 04

There should be several Flat Fee Listing brokerages in your area that will list your property for a small fee ... usually a few hundred instead of several thousands of dollars.  Stick with a local brokerage and avoid the national FSBO websites that are not actually licensed to provide the service you need.

There is always hope ... hang in there!

April 04
Morning, Sorry to hear about your financial troubles. You have some options, feel free to call/text/email me. I'm in Lake Forest we can meet up, and I can offer you several different ideas on how to help you. Best,

April 04