Profile picture for Donster

We People Need a Phone Number to Contact Zillow

How on earth can we contact someone in charge of Zillow without having to filter through all these topics? There should be a phone number or email address to help people. You have the wrong house in our neighborhood shown as ours, even in the aerial view. I want it corrected.

• April 20 2008 - US
  • 8

Profile picture for kaysatow

I hope you get an answer.  I have the same issue.

Donster -

You may edit the location of your home on the Bird's Eye View & Map Page or Bird's eye view and larger map (a link below the street map). To do so, you may either post it for sale (red house icon) or set up a Make Me Move price (which can be found on your home's Overview Page at the left side of the screen just below Tools) and follow the instructions. Please be advised that this process is a temporary move just so to edit the location of your home on the map (If you chose For Sale: click on Edit Status, choose No longer for sale and hit Create Your Listing button. For Make Me Move: click on the link, Remove Make Me Move price found under Tools.).

As for the Bird's Eye View (on the Overview Page), I do apologize but we do not have that feature yet that allows us to edit the location. However, what I can suggest for you to do is to upload your own photos (simply click on the Photos tab and Add photos) on the Overview Page if there are changes made to your property that are not yet shown in the images we provide.

Thank you for your patience as we're working on to improve the mapping process.

kaysatow -

Kindly refer to my instructions above and this should do the trick.

Profile picture for tamitrail

Zillow says they are not staffed to receive e-mails or phone calls. If you want to contact them, go to the Better Business Bureau site. Zillow has an unsatisfactory complaint with them. BBB lists all of their contact info.

Profile picture for maugham7

If you call information in Seattle the Customer Service number is 206-470-7000

I just called that number and their customer service people were very helpful. I inputted a listing that was previously listed with another broker and their pictures and logos showed up with my picture and my remarks. I have no idea why they would want us to know the number. I asked the guy where they're located and he said the main office is in Seattle.

Profile picture for spearsies

I would like to discontinue my relationship with zillow and dont want them to take out the 40 bucks, how do I contact them to make them stop

spearsies -

Zillow's services can be used for free, except for the Showcase Ads and Lender application, neither of which you have.

If you want us to discontinue your account, kindly get back to us here and we will process your request.

Profile picture for puppyted
I would like to know how my home in Ramona shows another drop of over $15,000+ for the last thirty days, and a friend of mine home in Poway, shows a net increase for the last thirty days of over $100,000.00. Their home just went on the market. Can Real Estate agents get these prices on Zillow fixed for a better sale, or what is going on?

You need to look at the charts for Ramona and Poway and see when is going on in the neighborhoods as far as sales go. Zillow's numbers right or wrong come from other numbers crunched together like recently sold houses, neighborhood trend in sales up/down and tax assessments among other things. If those, numbers change Zillow's numbers change. I would look at the two houses and the charts pages and see if you can see what id driving the numbers. Real estate agents cannot remove or change Zestimates or ranges, but updating the home facts can sometimes affect the numbers. The fact is that it doesn't matter what your friend's Zestimate is or what your Zestimate is. It only matters what a buyer think the house is worth. That is the ultimate appraisal.

Yea, I just called the number listed above and they were pretty helpful.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
You also can get a phone number through whois.com

Since ICAN registration requires ownership contact info, that works for most websites.

Besides, they easily make the 800 number available for the paying advertisers with the link at the bottom, so I can't imagine why someone could not find a phone number.

And for E-mail; most Zillow moderators have the "contact me" enabled on their profile, so you just need to click their user name or avatar to use the contact button for sending one of them an E-mail.

Of course they are helpful to anyone that contacts them; but if every website visitor tried to call them, no one would even be able to get through, let alone be answered.

Profile picture for Jason Frangoulis
that number worked for me, thanks. 

I am having the same issue and found an email but noone replies.

Profile picture for taylorcrawford
(206) 470-7000

I do to. They sold me a bill of goods and now the salesman won't answer the phone.

Bill

i completely agree!

Mr. Ryan, as an agent I would suggest you post in the Pro to Pro section. Zillow will cancel what ever you want and I see them regularly respond to agent questions for listing changes, account cancellation, tech issue etc.
shellyanne, I am just a Zillow user like you but I would be happy to help if I can. I try to bookmark information that might be useful. If you have a problem, maybe I can post links that would help you.

Profile picture for saw4
I I also have my house shown on Zillow that I bought 6 months ago and it shows it for sale. I want it off the sight now!!

Profile picture for saw4
Get my house I bought off your sight please! This is not professional

Not all houses listed on Zillow are for sale. If Zillow has it for sale, it will say "For Sale" at the top and have a red house icon on the map. If it isn't for sale, it will have a Zesitmate at the top instead of a list price. Zillow gets info from realtors feeds and if you house is wrongly listed for sale, they can help you get it off the feed so it does not show for sale. I might be able to try to find you links to help you better if you explain a little more.

Profile picture for rosemary38251
i  have a home on zillow and i was trying to change something on it but by mistake i was on another home's site and now i cannot get into my site because it recognizes my email address on the wrong address site so I don't know what to do Help

Profile picture for Blue Nile
You can claim as many homes as you have ownership info for.  For any you claimed that you shouldn't have, un-claim it.  Remove any incorrect info you provided first!

If you have not claimed your home, do so.  As long as you are the owner, you should be able to pass the security question.

Once claimed, you should be able to post anything that you want to or need to.

As for the topic title, most people don't want to be put on hold for 3 hours before someone can answer the question, or to continue to get busy signals each time they try calling, thus Zillow prefers that most questions be answered on the boards or by E-mail.  The most effective method is flagging a post, listing, photo or profile.  An immediate priority E-mail is sent when something is flagged to get a Zillow person to review the issue.  The second most effective method is using a Zillow person's profile to access the "contact" button to send an E-mail.  (For anyone with a Zillow tag next to their name, click on their avatar).

Profile picture for jengril
FIRST OFF: I tried the advice of going to the "avatar" and clicking on it to find the "contact me" button, of which there was not one...

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
The high school associated with my home is incorrect.

I live in Chesterfield, MO, the Riverbend/Green Trails area. The high school which is associated to this area is Nationally Acclaimed and Award Winning. It is a nationally recognized "Blue Ribbon" school of excellence. In addition, Parkway Central is accredited and recognized for "Distinction in Performance for High Achievement," the highest rating available by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.

The high school they have listed is Parkway's "Alternative Tech" high school, a school for kids in danger of dropping out, called Fern Ridge.

If I were a prospective buyer, and was looking up Fern Ridge, I would not at all be impressed, nor would I want my children attending. 

***ALL of Chesterfield data, including "Schools in the area" omit Parkway Central High School***

How do I get this fixed!???

Profile picture for Blue Nile
I already answered your question on the other thread; but simply, you claim your home, and then post the changes to your claimed home.

You cannot fix most of the others, but you can "flag" every listing... you see in the area and post the correct info in your flag reason.  Zillow receives a priority E-mail for every flag, and they are very good about addressing those quickly.

Otherwise, you just send them an E-mail and wait about 2 years until it moves up on the priority list.  They presently have about 3000 things to fix with a staff of about 100 people, most of them not programmers.

Everyone using the site already knows the school info was not "looked up" and just was a "closest distance" search, so they are going to be getting that info from other sources anyway. It won't affect any sale one way or another.  Now if a Realtor purposely posts the wrong info to make a property look better than it really is?  The Realtor might be sued after the sale is finalized when the student is enrolling in school...

Again, if you have a method of looking up the Public school district and school assignment for each property by grade level, then by all means provide it so the programmers can start working on it.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Now, as for not finding the "contact" button on a user's profile....  Of course there isn't one for mine; I don't work for Zillow, I don't have a Zillow tag, and I chose to not allow any E-mail contact.

As for Ash-Lee; his profile has been disabled and blocked.  Apparently he doesn't work for Zillow anymore.  Same with JaAr.   That is the problem with posting to a thread that is 1-3/4 years old.

Now Drew, that posted on the other thread you posted on... His profile still works fine and he doesn't mind getting E-mails, as long as he is not getting most of the customer service E-mails as they have other people to do that, and he mostly works with the API interfaces as his title is "Business Development Specialist".

Or you might try Nida-M as she is the customer support supervisor.
http://www.zillow.com/profile/Nida-M/

The "contact me" button is right underneath the Avatar picture on the Profile page.

same here - the whole neighborhood is wrong, the values are wrong and you should report it to zillow - how????
no phone, no email and you post a question how to correct this - no answer..... ?????

Profile picture for Blue Nile
This is a 2 year old thread with employees posting that already left!  Post to a new thread!!!!

There are 3 phone numbers that are readily accessible; one toll free on your profile account settings page for "credit cards".  One toll free one under the "advertising" link at the bottom of each page.  And the local number that you can look up in any on-line white pages or with the "whois" domain name search.

The values are not "wrong", those are "estimates" created by machine curve fitting from recently sold data.  If the locations are wrong, that is only due to not having any reliable method of obtaining a geo-code.  If the photos are wrong, blame the agent or owner, or Google or Microsoft, as those are the primary sources of photos.

And if a listing is incorrect, flag it.  The flag (like the one at the lower right hand corner of my post) sends an immediate priority E-mail for the issue to be reviewed.  You can even flag this post so that someone will read your concern.  But you are better off flagging the properties you are concerned about as it will address the specific issue more directly.

I have 24 Zillow E-mail address, so I have no idea why you can't find any.

Perhaps the reason no buyer's Real Estate agent can find any of your listings on any website anywhere, nor in the multiples, nor on a Thomas Brother's map?

I certainly can't find any of your information anywhere.

Profile picture for dinasdugout
I totally agree. I have a home listed with the wrong specs. What are we supposed to do? People see this website and make a choice about buying or renting and it's not fair that this seems to be the only website people go to, but it is innacurate.

Profile picture for lost sierras
I agree, If Zillow can't get their locations and facts straight, they shouldn't be doing listings, even if they are approximate values. My house and property show a location that there isn't even a house at. The roads and parcels are way off, and I've lived at this location for over 30 years and I don't know where they came up with some of these roads and the names, but they either don't exist, and haven't since the 1800's. Now that is bad! Also, the values they have posted are way off, even in this economy. This site reflects bad for all home owners and their properties. And heaven forbid if you need to try and edit anything. I couldn't even get a correction to correct with the log insight. Zillow is just a bad site. So home owner united, and file complaints with the BBV ! 

1. 1
  2. 2