Profile picture for MatthewHargreaves

We are interested in a holiday home in Florida. Where is the nicest place to visit advice please

September 22 2012 - Bermuda Riviera

CNN Money has great reports are neighborhood and city stats.  I cannot post the direct link on this answer, the moderators remove links, but go to CNN Moneys' site, and in the search bar, type in, "Best Places to Live" and Hunter's Creek, FL is ranked 21 out of the 100 best!!!

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor

You question is a pretty common one for second home buyers we work with.  My best suggestion is to try an extended trip to a few different areas, and drive around.  So many of our visitors come to Orlando, then either go east or west to find the beach.  
We sell real estate on the west coast in Sarasota/Bradenton areas.  Our area has awesome beaches, and a little slower pace than the east coast.  Amazing beaches including the #1 Ranked beaches of Siesta Key.  Plenty of Cultural outlets, theater, museums etc.  Florida has such a wide variety of communities and lifestyles the best bet is to try out a few, and see what fits your goals best.
I wouldn't live anywhere else!  Golf, Beaches, and Disney are all to be had wherever you settle.

Matthew,

Most of our clients with vacation homes in Florida appreciate being close to the beach, shopping, restaurants and entertainment.  Fortunately all of those can be found in Fort Lauderdale - the Venice of America.  The area has many wonderful neighborhoods and homes to choose from that are sure to fit every lifestyle.

[hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]

Please let me know if you have questions or would like help navigating the Fort Lauderdale real estate market.

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
[Contact information and hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

[Promotion and hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

Plantation, Florida is a wonderful place to have a vacation home.  You are about 15 minutes away from beautiful Fort Lauderdale beach, it is a very safe area, and you are able to purchase ocean access homes with boat dockage for a reasonable price.  If you are interested in finding out more about this area, just send me an e-mail and I will send you listings for homes.  Let me know your price range and I can help you find what you are looking for.
Thank you,

Alexandra Ewing
[phone removed by Zillow moderator]

I think all of Florida is beautiful! Of course, I grew up here so forgive my biased opinion. ;)  The panhandle is nice in that it is convenient to GA and AL too in case you'd like to venture somewhere different while vacationing there. I come from a historical city called Pensacola. We are even older than St. Augustine but many people don't know that...one of our best kept secrets!  There is not a place in Florida that is not somehow attached to a beach so you're covered there. ;)  I'd be interested to know what you ended up picking and why...feel free to call or email me. You can also check out my website at [hotlink removed by Zillow moderator] Happy hunting!  

Florida has lots of nice places.  South Florida, in particular, southeast Florida, has a lot to offer.  You have access to 3 different airports, which can be very helpful depending where you're coming from.  We have beautiful beaches, cultural events, shopping and a lot going on.  

It really depends on what you are looking for in a home and in a community.  Do you like the beach?  Are you a golfer or perhaps a boater?  Do you like museums?  These are all things to take into consideration when deciding which part of Florida to live in.  

What is your definition of "nice" for a holiday home?

Do you need golf, surfing, beach walks, crashing waves on cliffs, access to Disney, access to alligators (or are they crocodiles)???

Hi Matthew,

Depending on what your life style may be, on the Atlantic side, I would recommend Palm Beach, Boca Raton & Miami Beach.
On the Gulf side, Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area is very nice.

I hope this helps.

Hi ,
   So nice to meet you.  Well I love the Kissimmee, Orlando,Davenport area.
My favorite is Celebration, Florida which is a Disney built community but
then again I do love Disney.
   There are many areas in central Florida area for a holiday home. All
offer different amenities.

For instance Celebration has beautiful walking paths, golf, restaurants
Celebration Health, swimming pools, one heated and always something
amazing happening.

Other communites have clubhouses and swimming pools etc.

Of course, this will depends on your budget and your likes.

Hope this information is helpful.

Best to both of you,
    Lori