Profile picture for mrbkc

We are relocating from Minneapolis and don't want to buy right now. I am a KC native, but haven't b

and don't want to buy right now.  I am a KC native, but haven't but haven't been here for 12 years.  We are looking at a lovely apartment at 38th and Walnut.  Can anyone comment on the immediate area?  We see lots of nice, big homes, but things seem pretty sketchy one block over on Main!
  • July 08 2009 - Central Hyde Park
  • 0

California Ave is generally  very safe.  There are some kids that hang out by the 7-11 (3400 block). 

Admiral is a sought after neighborhood as are most "walking" neighborhoods.  If you have any qeustions or want to run any addresses by me as you are looking,  feel free to call my cell.  206-999-4415 and bounce questions off of me.

If you're from KC, you might want to make sure you can BBQ on the deck.

Profile picture for househo
I'm in Brookside and I think 38th and Walnut is quite sketchy! Check out the crime stats from the KC art institute near by. The nearest grocery is either Sunfresh in Westport or Consentinos in Brookside. Good luck with your search.

Profile picture for RALPH02089
My wife and I live on 36th and Wyandotte.  The neighbor hood has been steadily improving the last 10 years that we have lived here.  We love the proximity to Westport, The Plaza, and to the Power and Light District.  Since you have been gone, there has been a influx of people migrating back to the city and the condo market had been going crazy.  of course with the economy that has pretty much dried up and there are good deals to be had.   Our kids are grown, so I can't comment on the school district.  Main Street can be a little dicey, at night, but for the most part the area is solid.  Police are awesome and do a good job in the area.  I don't know which apartment complex you are looking at so its hard to comment as there are some good and some that are terrible in the area.  I would do my homework on the apartment complex more than anything.  

There are some beautifull homes in the Hyde Park area.  You might want to check the internet for area crime statistics and school district information.  That area is very convienent and central to a lot of what KC has to offer.  Welcome back!