Profile picture for RamonaAnderson

We filed Bankruptcy on a HELOC over 2 yrs ago..trying to refi & that deed isn't released..any ideas

Out attorney has tried to contact the Bank's attorney with no response and it is going on over 2 months of trying to resolve this issue... I am a Team Lead for a Servicer of Mortgages and my understanding is..if the debt is 0 balance the Deed (by law) needs to be discharged..am I mistaken?? Please help ASAP..
  • July 02 2012 - Idaho Falls
  • 0

This is a legal question and y9ou are already working with an attorney, so asking him again.