We have a listing on MLS that is active and yet it was just removed from Zillow as inactive.

I want to reclaim it for our firm but cannot because Zillow does not recognize that the listing is active with MLS. How do I rectify this?

April 27 2012 - Sherborn

Rutledge:  Sometimes another will alert Zillow that your listing on MLS is inactive.  Are you sure  your "current" listing was there.  Sometimes, they pick up old information instead of new. 

When I have a new listing - I do not wait for MLS upload.  My second step in listing is Zillow.  I create the ad as soon as I have an assigned MLS number.  That way I know the info is current.  It takes a few minutes, but Zillow is too big to not appear there quickly. 

Best of Luck,  Hope this helps. Robyn the Realtor in N. Dallas, Tx

I'm not sure why, but there is always a huge time lapse with zillow, trulia, and realtor.com getting updated info in terms of listings being cancelled or sold.

I'd recommend posting this in the Zillow Questions, maybe in the Bugs & Suggestions or the For Sale Listings sections? I don't think you have as good a shot at getting it answered here...

Best,
Eric