Profile picture for liseandskip

We just inherited a condo in Boca Raton, FL. How do I find the best realtor?

• August 24 2012 - US
  • 0

Hi Lise & Skip,

I'm sorry for your loss~  I'm working with a customer from North Carolina who just lost her Dad and he had a property here in Florida.  It's not easy for them but I am doing everything in my power to make the sales process an easy one since they have enough to focus on right now.

My company here in Florida has a relocation department that has a network of over 550 brokerage firms all over the world. 

[Promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.

Profile picture for MiamiCondosandHomes
We recommend contacting an area broker and inquiring about their best agents for the price range you are looking to sell your home for. Then interview agents and review their marketing strategies.

Any agent that refers another agent to you is being compensated from a portion of the the listing agents commission. You may be better off finding an agent that is working in the area of the home so the agent doesn't have to share their commission with another agent.

Profile picture for liseandskip
Happy to have any referrals. The community is Boca Raton Golf and Country Club. I understand there are a handful of realtors that sell successfully there, and who really know the community.

Thanks for posting your question on Zillow.com!

The best way is to find agents in that area on Zillow.com and read their client reviews of their performance.

I would be more than happy to refer you to a quality Realtor in that area and explain to you why they are a fit for you.

Good luck, hope we helped! :)

I can pass along a name of a realtor that I have worked with before and lives there (Boca Raton) you can see if you are a fit.
Let me know.
Take Care,
Diane

Every Realtor will be the best  in their opinion..... 

If the condo has an onsite sales office I think they would be my first choice.  I would also add a $$ incentive to the listing agent if the property is sold in the first X number of days it is on the market.  $$ talk more than anything when it comes to motivation..

Profile picture for liseandskip
Thanks, Josh. Thing is, my Dad's condo is in a specific golf and country club community that I'm told only specific realtors sell successfully in. Is there any way to find those realty firms that are most successful in that community?

Lise

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
Liseandskip,

If you do not live in the area, just google, "Boca Raton, FL Real Estate Agent."  Call 3 to 5 of them, ask for a Market Valuation Packet on your home and their costs sheets.  You will be able to judge their character by the phone call.  Get their websites, check those sites out, ask for some past clients numbers, call the past clients about their experiances working w/ the Realtor your interested in contracting. 

And then, GET SOLD!!!!! Once you chose which Realtor you are going to list w/. 
Be sure to check w/ your accountant on what taxes you will have to pay on the sale of the property, you may just want to price it to sale if the proceeds are going to put you in a higher tax bracket. 

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor