Profile picture for surprise007

What's going on in Mississippi and North Carolina?

Does anyone know there are any major investments going on in those two states?  TONS of people from here in Florida where I am have moved to NC and I've heard about a lot of construction activity in Mississippi.  There's also talk about Donald Trump opening a billion dollar casino there.  Any word??

July 31 2008 - US

I live in North Carolina, and the Raleigh area is consistently rated one of the best cities in America.  Home prices I believe rose their last quarter. 

Profile picture for Dan_2007

I live in NC too. NC has not been hit as hard as the major markets in the mortgage meltdown. Homes kept most of their value if they did go down, and there's other markets that continued to rise, just slower than before.

I an an agent in Greensboro, NC and the foreclosure and investment markets are thriving!

There are not the 100k spreads that you may see in CA or FL BUT you can buy homes here for considerably less than in FL and many other places. 

We work a great deal with FL residents and help them find second homes and investments on a regular basis. There is a pretty good value for your money here.

Don't get me wrong, Raleigh is nice too, but I am a Greensboro girl.

I am originally from Mississippi. My family is still there, many of the coast. There is certainly a good bit of construction taking place. After Katrina, it is necessary.

Mississippi has extreme potential for anyone looking to purchase multi-family, commercial, and land. The prices for single family homes are also excellent.

I haven't heard of the Trump plans...but it wouldn't surprise me.

Zillow sucks
Latest reply by user3307882
1 hour 15 minutes ago | 99 answers
Can zillow be so wrong in its esimate?
Profile picture for scmorelli
Latest reply by scmorelli
Zillow Consistency on Values
Profile picture for scmorelli
Latest reply by scmorelli
  • Posted by parrots1700
  • In Zestimates
My Zestimate is WRONG
Profile picture for scmorelli
Latest reply by scmorelli
ZILLOW ZESTIMATES SUCK BADLY
Profile picture for scmorelli
Latest reply by scmorelli
  • Posted by Phillip Parker
  • In Zestimates