Profile picture for lamar5

What's the problem with Zillow web site? Charts never load; computer is stuck in an infinite loop.

This problem exist on all couputers I have used in the past several months.
  • March 11 2012 - Columbia
  • 0

I've had problems both with "bad advertisements" that continue to reload, and with "slow connections" from my internet provider.  Running "adblock plus" on Firefox fixes it most of the time (available in the "add ons" section of the Mozilla.org website).  Occasionally I still have problems when my provider has lots of internet traffic.

AOL has the problem regularly due to all the extra page loads that AOL does without being asked.  If you have too many browser windows (or tabs) open, or too many other programs running at the same time, you can have similar problems.

A "work around" to get the graph when it won't load due to a slow connection (or due to not having FLASH on the computer) is to press the "print" button (under the main photo on the home details page), and then to abort the print.  The print version of the page has the chart as a GIF image.  You can get other time frames by opening that image in a new window (or copying the image location, and pasting it into the address bar), and then editing the parameters in the URL.

For the "local info pages", if the charts won't load, you can just download the Excel data files instead.

I've had that problem recently with zillow as well.  I'm guessing it's a growing pains issue.

Works fine on all five computers I use routinely.

Also, it is happened if there are a bad coding third party advertising website and your internet is a slow internet connection.

What type of computers are you trying ? It kinda sounds like your internet connection maybe. If its only the charts sound like your computer can not read FLASH. I have the same problem on my Ipad.

Click here for install the latest version of Adobe Flash, then try again

Works fine here.