Profile picture for RandyMilender

What's the secret to posting a FSBO or Flirt?

Tried for months to do this but it just locks up my computer. You sent me an email today to 'flirt' and I've just wasted 4 hours of my life that I'll never get back. What's the deal?
  • May 28 2013 - Indianapolis

Profile picture for blue screen exile
The "secret" is:
1) Claim the house and then update all the info on the house before creating a listing, including the description and photos; and "save" the changes regularly; never let more than 15 minutes pass between times you start an edit.

2) Use a phone number that is not Voice over I.P. and doesn't have an answering machine nor fax machine, and doesn't have an extension, and is a U.S. phone number, and is not "forwarded", and actually answer it to get the code.   You may want to buy a $15 prepay phone just for that purpose.

Zillow works best with Mozilla Firefox and the latest version of Flash.   If your computer is locking up, perhaps the bandwidth is not sufficient.   (I used adblocker plus with Firefox to help bandwidth issues and site functionality). 

Zillow, like most websites, has a  time out function when editing (i.e. if you don't save your changes, they'll assume you've gone away and your changes won't be able to be saved).  I think Zillow's is about 15 minutes.

I don't know anything about "flirt" (I don't work for Zillow).

What's the problem?  Maybe it's your browser?