Profile picture for jray6

What's typical for an "HOA demand statement" for condo sale? Common Interest = $399, seems steep

No wonder people prefer single family to condos.
This $399 HOA demand statement was 1 pg PDF, mostly handwritten, stating if we owed anything to the HOA(we didn't).   But, any owing is settled during closing at escrow.

Common Interest Management seems especially expensive.  $539 for all the documents needed to sell the condo, satisfy lender, etc...   I think that it'd help to have more transparency to these kind of fees
  • March 11 2010 - Foster City
  • 0

Best Answer

I would have to agree with your statement. I too have experience high HOA Management fee when purchasing. I'll be charge again when I sell my unit. In a world of computers when all docs can be emailed and put in simple formats at minimal cost or NO cost to management firms I think these fees are over stated. In most states there is no regulation of fees charges for condo docs. As a Mortgage Broker I find that most companies charge for a Condo Cert, required by all lender in order to get a loan. This form takes about 5 minutes to fill out and I've seen costs from 50.00 to 250.00 for this form. Again no one is overseeing these Property Management companies. WHY ??

Profile picture for jray6
The prop. management company is "Common Interest Management" for "Marina Point HOA" in Foster City.

Move in fees are on top of what I already paid, however the buyer will pay that.

As the seller, I was charged all of the following...
(1) $140 - Lenders Questionnaire
(2) $200 - Typical document packet required by buyer
(3) $399 - HOA Demand statement, required to close escrow

I totally agree with "LoanLady Nationwide".   I wish there was more oversight to these property companies.   Well, let's get the word out at least.

Which prop management is it?

It is normally around 200.00. Not only that, but watch out for "move in" fees in a condo building.