What are Buyer/Seller requirements for a VA loan in MASS.

• August 01 2013 - Springfield
  • 0

I would consult a local lender to see which type of loan best fits you.  Government loans have funding fees and specific protocol, which may not be your best bet, it depends on the situation.  Explore all your options, then make your decision as to which type of loan is best for you.

I'm from Springfield and I am a veteran. If you have questions please feel free to contact me. Sometimes it is not the best loan option as I didn't use it for my own homes.

There are a couple fees that the veteran is not allowed to pay and the seller would have to cover. You can see these fees at VA.GOV. Click on Veterean Services, then Home Loans, then Lenders, then Lenders Handbook. The fees that the veteran is not allowed to pay are listed in Chapter 8.
 In the sales contract make sure to include the VA Ammendatory Clause.
 The appraisal will be done by an appraiser assigned by VA when the case number is ordered by the processor.
 Besides that, everything else is pretty standard.