Profile picture for lidor7

What are some good restaurants for lunch?

It seems like every time I go to Green Lake, I get hungry but have trouble finding any inexpensive places for lunch. Any suggestions? Preferrably on the southeast side of the lake since I live in U-District.
  • July 11 2007 - Green Lake
  • 0

While not right on the lake, the Whole Foods on 65th and Ravenna has some great take out food. You could stop there on your way to the lake and have a picnic! Tacos Guaymas is also a great mexican place on the south-side of the lake: http://tacosguaymas.com/

Profile picture for AmyB
World Wrapps is on E Greenlake Drive on the Northeast side of the lake, and a great mix-in ice cream place next door.

Also Greenlake Bar & Grill on E Greenlake Drive has outdoor seating. I live to the North of the lake, so I like to get takeout at the PCC on Aurora and sit by the lake.

Profile picture for Jerry Ostradicky
Thai Ocean has some good Thai food and it right at the south east side of the lake by where the Albertsons use to be. I also agree with AmyB about Greenlake Bar & Grill, they have a great Happy Hour menu if you are in the area around 5.
Also, you can't go wrong with Baskin Robins right next to Greenlake Bar & Grill. With the weather we've been having lately, that is your best bet.