What are some key factors that help renters want to continue to renew their leases?

I want to better understand my clients by trying to find out more reasons why people want to continue to renew their leases.  I have some thoughts in mind but want some opinions.

Damon Wofford, REALTOR and Property Manager [link removed by moderator]
  • August 30 2010 - Jackson
  • 1

I agree with Mike and Eve Alexander. It is vital to make sure that your tenants feel that they are being taken care of in a timely manner.  I also think that it is important to have multiple avenues that they can use to contact you and maintenance such as phone, email, text message, and website login for residents.  If you are making sure that you are doing your job to the best of your ability they in turn will most likely want to keep up the property and stay long term. 

Property in top condition
Repairs done quickly, rapidly and without inconvenience.
Property is safe, and quiet.

What are your thoughts?  Spend your time typing them out and we can critique them.

P.S. Zillow policy forbids contact information in posts.  As this is your first time, please don't continue to do so.

We typically have long term tenants and I believe it is because when something in the rental stops working or needs attention we are "on it" within 24 hours.

We take excellent care of our property are told that other landlords just don't care.

Eve in Orlando