What are the best areas in north dallas with best school district ? Below $180k.

We are a young family recently arrived to TX .
Our budget is around 180k  for a 3bd , 2 ba house.
we are willing to sacrifice lot sq for a very good school district and quiet neighborhood.
We are interested in the Plano, Frisco, The Colony, Carrolton, Etc.
Something close from Fwy 121 and N.Dallas Tollway ( Legacy),
20 minutes daily commute it's ok.
Any suggestion?
  • November 23 2013 - Frisco
  • 0

Have you found your home yet?  If not, I would be happy to help you!  I would stay in Frisco and Plano for the best school district.  Some of east Frisco will give you a smaller home but still relatively new.  Also, McKinney has great school and is very close commute (maybe 10-15 minutes) depending on traffic.

If you email me seperately [contact information removed by Zillow Moderator] I can send you some of the homes in Frisco or Plano ISD.  I just pulled Frisco and 100 homes pulled up so I would love to speak with you so I could more specifically cater your search.

Have a great day!
Renee Toton
Vivo Realty Group
[contact information removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for Olga911
Some zip codes of Plano have below $200k properties, you still get top schools.

Bruce: thank You for The info . My work location is Plano , North Dallas tollway at 121. Thank you again !!!

Sounds lliek you are on the right track to me.

[Content removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

I would probably also look at Richardson ISD.

Where is your work location?

Thank you very much Naima, I used to have A license time ago In CA. We are trying to get familiar with The area. Your comment is highly Appreciated.

Welcome Omar to Texas!!!

As you know (since you're a pro yourself) we cannot specifically direct you to particular neighborhoods, however, school records speak for themselves.

Plano is at the top of the list but for 180K, you are looking at a fixer upper.  Frisco has awesome schools too, small student/teacher ratio.

I am not sure if you know this but the school districts here overlap the city, so you can technically be living in the city of Plano, McKinney or Little Elm and still be zoned to Frisco ISD.

That being said, I highly, highly suggest that you look at Little Elm with the section zoned to Frisco ISD.  You'll be pleasantly surprised.

If you're not working with a Realtor and need one, gimme a buzz.

Naima