What are the best places for a young professional to move to in Orlando at a reasonable price?

I'm a recent college graduate going to be relocating to Orlando in the next month and a half for a position downtown.  I was wondering what are the best neighborhoods to look for apartments in, and which ones to stay away from?  I will be living on my own and looking for something in the $700-$1000/month range.  Looking for a safe area, with low crime rate, yet a social area for a young professional, in mid-20's, looking to meet people in the Orlando area.  I'm willing to commute up to 15-20 mins to get to work.

I have been suggested the neighborhoods of Altamonte Springs, Maitland, College Park, Millenia, and Winter Park, and have a few apartments in mind, but just looking for a wide range of input and suggestions.  Let me know if you have any advice.
  • July 09 2012 - Orlando

I would definitely stay as close to Downtown as possible. I have helped a lot of young professionals like you to find rentals in the downtown area. A studio or 1 bedroom condo at SOLAIRE AT THE PLAZA starts around $1300 per month. But you will save time and gas by being in the hub.
Lake Eola is a great place to hang out on the weekends. Lots of restaurants, the farmers market, people jogging, it will be great for meeting young people. Also, some condo units can be rented furnished as well. If the price is a bit too much, then try Winter Park or Dr. Phillips. Hope this info helps! :)

Valentina Ogden
Coldwell Banker Residential RE
(407) 342-2288
valentina.realty@gmail.com

College Park, Winter Park, SODO

Hope this helps,