Profile picture for bethd229

What are the best school systems in Tampa

Please let me know the highest ranking (9's & 10's) school systems for the Tampa (Hillsborough) area
  • January 05 2014 - Valrico
  • 0

There are actually many areas with high ranking schools. Bevis Elementary in Lithia is a top 10 school in the state of Florida. I work in this area so I know first hand. Down the street is Fishhawk Creek elementary and they are very good also. The middle school Randal is excellent as is Newsome high school. There are Stowers elementary and Barrington middle school that are also in our community. Lithia and Valrico are very good areas for public schools. There are south Tampa public schools that are very good to excellent. Then there are north Tampa public schools that are excellent. So there are many options as far as location to excellent public schools in Tampa or the greater Hillsborough county area. If you need more information please feel free to contact me at 813-966-3923 Brian Kochik orange-sunset.com here is a link to the school ranking site http://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?st=public&q=hillsborough&state=FL&sortBy=GS_RATING_DESCENDING&pageSize=100

Hi Beth!
Tampa schools are actually pretty good, I  am a product of them myself. In my opinion the best schools are in Northern Hillsborough county that get fed from the Lutz/Carrollwood area but I may be a little biased :).
Generally speaking the nicer the neighborhood (higher property tax bracket) the better the schools will be.

So if Schools are your #1 concern I'd start with neighborhoods like Lake Carlton Arms or Cheval, depending on your price point.
Feel free to contact me and I'll help you further.