What are the options for first time buyers

• June 03 2012 - Cleveland
  • 0

This is a great question and it has several answers, depending on credit, type of loan,  how much closing cost,  when you need to close, etc.
I would recommend that you interview at least 2-3 agents to assist in making your final decision and one that fits your personality and will work hard for you and get you to the closing table as well. I have assisted many first time homebuyer's, which is one of my specialties, especially military families, since we are so heavy populated in the Hampton Roads Area with all of the military branches. I would be happy to interview with you and hopefully we are a match. You may also check out what my clients are saying about me on my website under "About Me" and go to the tab listed: Recommedation.

When are you planning to purchase a home? Any particular price range, bedrooms, baths, etc. I could send you a few listings based on your qualification from my website: http://www.AnnMarkley.com or you may set up a listing alert as well on my site.

Pleasecontact me anytime and if you also need assistance with speaking with a loan officer, I would be happy to set up a meeting with a couple of loan officers in the area, which is thefirst and most important step before looking at homes. Let me know if you are ready to get started to finding your Dream Home. 

Ask Me about my "Free HomeBuyer's Warranty Plan..

Good luck with your search and I hope to hear from you soon.

The best thing for you to do is to pick an agent and sit down, talk about the process of buying in your area of the country. This meeting usually helps my clients understand what it takes to buy a home.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
An Example of why it is nice to be informed ;)

"Spam, advertising, or self-promotional content is not allowed in Zillow Advice. This includes, but is not limited to, any contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses, or website URLs"
Good Neighbor Policy.

I agree with the other agents that you should speak to at least 2-3 lenders and Buyer Agents to see if you and that agent/lender are perfect fit for each other through this very important and sometimes stressful decision in your life. I have assisted many first time homebuyers and believe educating my buyers and being available from beginning to end and building a relationship well after the closing. Check out my website under Meet Ann -(Testimonials) from past clients [website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information] I welcome your concerns and questions on the buying process or if you are ready to get prequalified today..

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Selecting an Agent and Lender is an important decision not an arbitrary selection...Agents are selling services and you have a lot at risk so don't risk tossing it all away by not selecting very very carefully
BECOME INFORMED FIRST
Huge Move..Huge Financial Obligation...Huge Decisions
Become informed and then become more informed..

Here are some very Basic things you should be aware of and Excellent Sites with Tons of info

Every consumer (Buyer/Seller) imo should read the Information on the Department Of Justice Anti-Trust Division Web Site about all the options Consumers actually have
New business models are emerging that allow consumers to save thousands of dollars when they buy or sell a home

Gov. Loans (FHA..VA..USDA ect)
Provided by the Federal Gov
Find the Right Loan, you can search for specific information, compare options, or take a short questionnaire to determine your eligibility for each program. GovLoan.com

Hud Site..
Read this info and read it again, check out the Links/Resources...First Time Home Buyer Info about the Process & Excellent Info/Resources for any Buyer..Buying a Home

Browse..get some idea of what's out there..programs
REO-Bank Owned Properties
Many Banks have created Sites for the Public to use (For Free) to view and find Information about the Properties they have Listed for Sale
Sites Like..Bank of America...Wells Fargo

You can find links to Bank sites here...Link

The Fed Gov has Sites for its Properties for sale
HUD Homes...Fannie Mae
You can find the links to all the Gov sites here...Link

Life changing time...Step up to the Plate..Protect yourself

Good Luck

Meet with three lenders to ascertain your options based on your financial profile.  Meanwhile talk to a few buyer agents and ask them to explain the process of purchasing a home.  The best of luck!