Profile picture for HeatherinVA

What are the options to purchase a Fannie Mae owned home immediately with my credit scores above 620

and my income is $13k/yr? Are there any loans that would allow me to use my husbands income also but not his credit (his scores are in the low 500's thanks to a mortgage broker we were working with)

January 01 2012 - US

Talk to a reputable mortgage broker in your area.  Your best bet is an FHA loan with a 203k fix-up loan combined.  The repaired value of the home will be used to determine value, and thus, your mortgage.  Or, a rural development loan if your area qualifies.

Good Luck

Profile picture for HeatherinVA
I was told by the listing agent that this particular home doesn;t qualify for Homepath or any other gov't loan because it needs repairs to be considered livable

Go to HomePath.com and review the financing options. Then locate an agent who is a Fannie Mae Select Agent. They will have a working knowledge of the HomePath Program, and the experience to represent you in the purchase of a Fannie Mae foreclosure.