What are the things that one should know about Window Warranties?

[Promotion and hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

• June 24 2013 - Walnut
  • 0

You should read this

Good Neighbor Policy

Do your homework on the window quality themselves and the installers.
Ask for a local client list of the company then make some calls.
Ask questions that you want to know about both.

I am a contractor and my clients love showing off their homes to others, be respectful and ask to make an appointment cause everyone has a schedule these days.

The warranties are only as good as the company that provides them...I agree with Josh. Make sure that the company finishes the interior after the install, I had a client that hired us to do that cause the window company didn't specify that they did so that was an added cost.

Like all things in the construction world remember you get what you pay for.
As a rule even in picking out materials or things I purchase for jobs the best buy for the money is usually in the middle some where.

If you haven't bought the windows yet my advise is choose a good quality
window and company, save your cheaper buys for easy removable and less labor effected projects that you can change later.
Plus you will get the added insulation and lower hvac bills now.
-Joseph-