What are your 3 most effective marketing efforts?

I use e-marketing extensively.  I am on FB, LinkedIn, Plaxo, etc. daily.  I use 4-color, well-designed flyers and cards.  I write handwritten notes.  But, I do not make big use of print media in the local papers or real estate books.  I am a member of BNI, a business networking group.  I try to attend chamber functions and meet many people through Sertoma, ToastMasters, etc.
  • April 08 2010 - Knoxville
  • 0

Profile picture for real estate mike
I agree David, except, that sometimes being locked in a room is not out where your next client is and face to face can be very rewarding also.

Profile picture for Pacita Dimacali
Wow, Richard.....seems like you're doing all the right things....

Are you blogging? Have you looked at ActiveRain.com?

Are you answering questions on Zillow and Trulia?

Do you post your listings on Craigslist?

Do you post your listings viaVflyer or Postlets?

Last year, 30% of my closed transactions were from leads developed on the internet --- people "found" me when they were searching for different topics including short sales, property tax reassessment, information about specific cities.

During the first quarterr of this year, that number has increased to 40%.

I attribute that to my continuing presence on the internet via Zillow, Trulia, ActiveRain, Craigslist, Vflyers.

Facebook hasn't reaped benefits for me yet, but it does keep me in touch with folks on my network. I aim to change that to make sure I have a bigger presence via a Facebook business page.,

1)  Networking
2)  Professional photos and marketing materials
3)  Strong online presence

1)  Having a strong online presence- online marketing is the key to todays selling. The more web advertising the better.

2) Having excellent photography and virtual tour. What's the point of advertising with crappy photo's?

3)  Answering your phone and following up with leads and networking with other agents to get your listings sold.

Great Stuff David.  Nothing naive about that.

I have not actually started yet, but after some studies and talking with successful people I am thinking to start with these 3 foundations to apply to any marketing efforts:

1) Consistency, no matter what be consistent, set up a plan and do it every work day. I was told if needed to lock myself up in a room until my scheduled day goals are hit.

2) Sincere, be truthful and upfront. A person will either click with you or will not, better to devote time to compatible ones and have a client for life.

3) Buy and sell for you clients as if you are doing it for your mother (subsitute with any other most important person in your life).

It might be a little naive... but I think with these as the basis any marketing effort that one develops and is compatible with can be successful.