What are your fears as a first time home buyer?

My goal is to restore the excitement to buying and keep your fear to a minimum by educating you well on every step and process of home buying.

January 12 2012 - Louisville

Profile picture for hpvanc
Keep their fears to a minimum by:

Being fully honest, always admit that every decision and property has negatives as well as positives, assist fully in the due diligence to uncover as many of them as possible.  Always keep it professional by avoiding hype and puffery at all times and at all costs.  Promise to provide assistance keeping their emotions in check and keep the decision as purely rational as possible.  Don't pressure them to go higher or share information with you that they have the ability to afford more than what they say they are looking for. 

It may not be exciting, but it will serve the type of first time home buyers most likely to have the financial qualities to get a loan in the current environment.  These are qualities that are continuously asked for by consumers/potential buyers but seem to to get lost in the translation of what buyers agents hear.

Well, I would rather have you tell me why I should be "excited" about "selling" anything, because I've never been excited to sell.  I rather buy.  But at time point, there is a time to sell too.  I can't say that I remember ever selling anything.  Many things I have are substantially older than me.

I think you can, Wes.

I remember when I bought my first house. It was the "top of the market," and friends thought we were crazy paying "so much" for "such a little house." Maybe, but we lived there for eighteen years, sold it for more than five times what we paid for it (well, we did some updating and landscaping), and enjoyed it more than any rental we possibly could have had.

I'm a fan of home ownership!

Wes, there is NO excitement to buying. It is simply a transaction where you buy something and then hope it was not in worse shape than you thought when you bought it.

My concern (not fear) is that the house price will continue to fall from here. Unless there is an insurance policy offered that says every year the value drops I will get a check paying the difference in value until such time as the value is above the price I paid for the house nothing can remove that concern.