What are your investment goals for 2012?

Another year has passed. What are your investment goals for 2012? How are you going to achieve them? 
  • December 12 2011 - Houston
  • 0

My investment goal is to have more money at the end of the year compared to the beginning. There is only one way to guarantee that result. Each paycheck I add more money to the old bank account. It has worked perfectly for years.

I do not want to buy anything that could decrease in value or cost more than a pittance to liquidate. $10 to sell off my stocks (I do not own) or $10 to drive to the bank to get my money out is a pittance. Paying 6-11% to get rid of real estate is very expensive. I also prefer almost instant liquidation ability. If an investment tanks I want to be able to get out fast.

On a related thought I may buy a house and land but that is not an investment. It is a long term expenditure that gives me a place to live.