What area in Florida is best to move to?

Hi, I would like to buy a home for my mom in Florida.  She is currently residing in NYC.  She is in her late 60's, single, and only speaks Spanish.  It is important to find a home where it will be easy for her to communicate and where the public transportation is accessible. I have many questions, but I think this is where we need to start.  So I am looking for some one who can help me. Thank you!
  • October 15 2012 - US
  • 0

Hi, Does your mom have any family or friends currently living in Florida?  If so, that might be a great starting point.  Best of luck in your search.

Profile picture for QuinnMyers
I would definitely lean toward Miami and its surrounding suburbs for your mother.  There are many established residences for the elderly that could accommodate your mother nicely for a decent value.

try ocala,fl.pretty quit with public transportation or lakeland,fl

Hi, I believe Miami would be the perfect place as it offers great weather most of the year, spanish would not be an issue as many residents only speak spanish as well so she would feel very happy to find other people speaking the same language as her. There are many options to live where she can get public transportation and also live very close to shoppes, restaurants and markets. Aventura, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, are some of the many areas she can look .  Hopefully she finds the best place that suits her needs. Good luck !!

For retired people who only speak Spanish the best place is Miami.  Depending on the price range, there are lots of condos and small homes that are located within walking distance of public transportation.  I will be happy to lend you a hand in the search.  Hablo Espanol, si prefiere communicarse en Espanol.  Buena suerte!