What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-DCQLZRQ

I'm looking at buying a home but my credit score is 675. I don't have any bills as both cars are paid off. I opened two credit cards two years ago to try to improve my credit. What can I do to improve my score? Someone I asked said I can improve it by buying a home! What can I do. I've been paying the cards at five dollars over the payment due? Would it improve if I pay them off each month? I'm a veteran so I can get a VA loan. It will be the second time I've used it. The first home was paid off in 2010; no longer own this home. Thanks
  • August 02 2012 - Central
  • 0

Call a Mortgage Broker.  You may want to first research them onlline and read their reviews.  When you sit down with the broker make sure you have everything with you pertaining to your income and expenses.  With a score of 675 you may have to pay higher interest or buy down the points but a knowledgeable broker that has a lot of different products (represents a lot of different lenders) would be the best bet for you.