What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-JBQXBRB?

I am looking to qualify for a mortgage that the home is listed for 250000. My credit score is in fair condition but have recently paid of most of my debts minus one that remains in dispute and in collections. I am looking to be moving in the next month or so and am wanting to get the lowest possible rate on a 30 year fixed rate as well
  • December 04 2012 - Fort Collins
  • 0

Hello and Thank you for posting your questions.

If I could offer you a few suggestions:
1) I think it is great that you are wanting to buy your home and move in as soon as possible.  I was the same way.

2)I suggest that you work with a mortgage professional who can help you get your credit report "re-scored".  This should lift your credit scores up and therefore allowing you to get the lowest rate possible for your scenario.  With lower fico's the risk to lend can be costly.

3)Try to give the process more than 30 days for 2 reasons -
    1)You need to give the credit bureaus a couple of days to re-score your credit and raise your scores.
    2) You mentioned that one of your accounts remains in dispute..Some mortgage lenders wont lend to you until the dispute is resolved.  That could also take some time to clear up regardless of who is at fault for the mis-reporting.

I hope this helps you....

Chris Perez - Real Estate Finance - San Francisco, CA

You may wish to consider proposing a down payment of 3.5% ($8,750) rather than 1.2%

You may also wish to try to try the affordability calculator with your numbers to get a rough idea on loan amounts.

Excel Financial Group, LLC  is a mortgage broker located in Fort Collins and we  would be happy to help you.   Once we run credit and review the balances with you we can do CBU updates to correct any balances and very quickly have an updated credit score so that you recieve the lowest rate. We can also run CreditExpert on your file to tell you how much you have to pay any additional accounts down to increase your score if we need to.  
Thanks,  Corey
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]