Profile picture for osusannalh

What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-JKPJBZD

What can I do to improve my credit score?  Had a bankruptcy that is coming up on its 2 year discharge and am interested in buying.  Have a charge card - paying on time.  Bought a car - paying on time.  Are there other things I can do to improve a 640 credit score to get a mortgage?
  • November 17 2012 - Nottingham
  • 0

I agree, working on your credit score is key. Add the second credit card, and never exceed 50% of the limit on either card. Alternate using the cards...use one for 3 months paying it off in full each month, then switch to the other card for 3 months, also paying it off in full each month. Your scores should begin to improve significantly in the 4-6 month time frame.
Best wishes, Jim

Profile picture for Honesty Sells
You look to be doing all the right things. I would possibly add one more credit card (just make one small purchase per month).

Unless you have a foreclosure within the last 3 years your clear for an FHA with your bancruptcy being more than 2 years since discharge and FHA loans will lend down to a 620 score.

http://www.fha.com/fha_requirements_credit.cfm

If you have the 3.5% to put down now is the time to get into a house. Contact a local lender through Zillow -

http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates?request=ZR-DQPRQZS

Put in your own location at the top. Good Luck