Profile picture for csmart1818

What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-NKSRVVB?

I have old credit card debt. My last payment was 7 years ago. The debts were bought by collection agency, and the agency lists my entire debt as due monthly. Because of this, my credit reports that I have ongoing monthly payments of $4K, disqualifying me from mortgage qualification. How can I remove this without acknowledging the debt. At 7 years, I would expect the debt to fall off my credit report. Can you advise? 
  • October 19 2013 - Northern Hills
  • 0

Profile picture for RealEstateCrew
Go visit your local lender for help with financing. 

As long as you're doing it within the same 30 day period, multiple credit pulls shouldn't effect your score.  I recommend contacting my preferred lender for a quote!! He's always able to provide a very competitive rate and MUCH BETTER customer service!!

I always suggest contaccting a lender directly and getting two quotes in the same day. many parameters on the zillow mortgage place may not fit your situation and thus may not be 100% accurate

what do you not like about your current quotes?

Even though the Texas statute of limitation is 4 years so you are likely no longer liable (unless you've done something that reset the line in the sand to less than four years) you cannot remove bonafide negatives on your report.   Incorrect entries can be challenged.  

You need to deal directly with a lender who knows about Texas statute of limitations and effects on monthly.  Some may work with you, some will automatically dismiss you.    As you have a number of quotes, why not pick up the phone?