What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-PXSSYYB

Have 23k on my house its interest is high about 11%. paying 220 a month but due to the interest rate its not making much of a dent in the repayment. Also about 5 k on back taxes that chase finance paid for. I make a $210.18 payment each month for that tax amount. Would like to wrap the two payments.

Of course I don't mind paying over market interest at all since its a lower amount and not sure where my credit is now. Anythings better than the 11% variable I have now. house should be worth over 60, its tax appraisal is 37600 and I know real value is usually way higher than tax appraisal. 

We have a  income of around 36k a year. There is a detached garage apartment that rents out for 500 a month all bills paid.

Want to get refi for the house ot bring the rate down. Its a small amount so I know it wont interest many lenders. I could possibly borrow more to make it attractive and then put the extra amount back in some sort of cd or bond and designate it as collateral for the note to sweeten the deal. The cd or bond would be mine after repayment of the refi but until repayment it would be treated as collateral or security for the note. This could bring the loan amount up to a number that might attract lenders.

I am on disability social security and my wife is the shift supervisor at cvs for over two years. I am not sure where to go with this. Any programs out there to help? Thanks for any replies.
  • October 28 2011 - Marshall
  • 0

You may want to check with a small local bank or a credit union for a loan of this type.  Hope this helps!