Profile picture for guida2294

What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-QVHYRZB

I reside in Colorado and have for the last 5 years, planning to move back to Michigan very soon. I am self employed, yet only for the last 3 months, and proving my income will be close to impossible. I do have a co-signer who is in Michigan and owns a well established business. I qualify for many of the first time buyer, low income, Zero down, rural area, Fannie Mae, HUD, gov. grants and loans. What are my options?
  • August 05 2011 - Warren
  • 0

Making your own W-2s sounds like you are recommending dancing with fraud in the pale moonlight. I would be careful.

Profile picture for themortgageauditors
guida. there is another option. You can contact an accountant. set yourself up as a corporation and start paying yourself with check stubs and w2's. Then, you can use your income right away.  If you pay yourself with 1099's... You can't.

My suggestion is to simply postpone buying a home until you have established sufficient self-employment income (2 years.)
If you are confident about your self-employment activities for the future, and if you want to secure a property at today's depressed values I suggest you look for a lease with option to buy.
Rent now and exercise your option to buy when you can qualify for a mortgage loan (24 - 3 = 21 months.)
Find a local Realtor who understands lease transactions with option to buy and who is willing to work with you.  Good luck.

Hi there,

Lenders will not be able to use any of your income. If your co-signer is a close relative, you may be able to use FHA. It will also depend on your credit and scores. You need to call a loan officer and lay out your exact circumstance. this is less about the best rate in town, and more about finding someone with the experience to get the deal done.