Profile picture for ltns
  • ltns

What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-SPPTQTS

• July 19 2012 - Colorado Springs
  • 0

Not many Originators on Zillow do standalone Helocs which is what you are asking for. You should be able to get a Heloc with little trouble given the data you entered. Start with the Bank or Credit Union that you bank with, also inquire withe PNC and TD if they are in your state.

Profile picture for John Schinkel
Hi Itns,
I refer my clients to Shanon at Castle and Cooke Mortgage and encourage them to get good faith estimates from her as well as a couple of other lenders.  To minimize the impact on your credit score, get the three FICO scores from the first lender you talk to and ask the subsequent lenders NOT to pull your credit.  Give them your scores verbally, this should be enough to get the information you need and it is a great way to compare apples to apples.  One word of caution: consider the turn times if you are using the loan to buy a home as opposed to refinance.  Without mentioning any names, some of the larger lenders may take up to 60 days to close your loan.  This may put you at a serious disadvantage when trying to leverage a good deal on your purchase.  Shanon is the manager at Castle and Cooke Mortgage in Colorado Springs (and also my wife:)) and can be reached at [deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy].  I think Academy Mortgage does a great job too.  Good Luck!

Hello Itns,

I am sorry that you didn't get the results you expected.  Have you tried reaching out to your local bank or credit union?

Candace