Profile picture for BillThompson34

What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-TPKNCJV?

A new person in the market, I need to know what and how I can buy a home for my self. I'm divorced, and everything was in my husband's name. Can you help me? Please! I want to move back home to Ky. and live where most of my family live. I just don't want to have to depend on them.

June 18 2013 - Tyner

Bill,

You need to make sure you have sufficient income and credit. You will need at least 2 years history of similar income. Credit needs to be at least a 620 (middle score) for regular home buyers, and 580 middle for veterans. You also need to make sure you do not have more than 1x30 day late on your mortgage in the past twelve months. If you were divorced, they will also take child support and anything else that needs paid to your ex-spouse.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to email me them or post in my profile.

Brian Keenan

If you are still looking to buy a house, contact a lender to get more information about what you can qualify for. I am a licensed loan officer in the state of Kentucky. Give me a call or send me an email if you are still looking to buy a house.

Just speak to a lender and find out if you can get "Pre Qualified". A lender will be able to tell you if you are ready to move forward financially and if not..should be able to let you know what you'll need to do in order to be ready.Most lenders will do this for free. It's quick and easy so GOOD LUCK!!