Profile picture for bauman18

What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-XHSTVSW

I am currently looking to purchase a home. I will be a 1st time home buyer. I have a discharged bankruptcy from 2008 and it has been discharged. I am looking for programs with little or no money down? FHA loans and any programs with assistance for closing costs and down payment as well.

August 27 2010 - Cleveland

Up in your Cleveland area there a few good Mortgage institutions that are used down here in Columbus and they get a lot of things done for us and/or they can give some great advise. You should also look into some local programs for 1st time home buyers at the City level (City of CLE), neighborhood organizations (depending on where you plan to purchase?), & even federal (HUD.gov).

Just as "Shapiroamg" explained, sitting down with a Lending professional on a personal level is #1, so that you can see where you stand in case there is a scenario where you may need to adjust some things concerning your credit. Different institutions have different guidelines as to whom & how they lend? Good Luck

Profile picture for shapiroamg

The only 100% programs allowed to be quoted on zillow (I believe) is VA.

Adjust your quote so you will have 3.5% down and you should get some quotes although you really should be sitting down with someone to make sure you will have a reasonable chance to get a mortgage.

While FHA will allow a loan two years from a BK discharge, it is not automatic. You will need to explain in a letter what happened. You will also have needed to re establish your credit.

Good Luck.